Transcript: WHY I left the Catholic Church (Testimony) - Eternal Call

Source: https://youtu.be/xYrtETKh9gk

Good morning, brothers and sisters, today I wanna speak to you about my experience with the Catholic Church. And I'm gonna tell you today, why I had to leave this church, what made me leave the Catholic Church, and why I couldn't go there. Dear brothers and sisters, for the longest time, I would go to these churches, and I can tell you very explicitly and very clearly that I was a genuine Christian in my mind, and I used to love Jesus Christ. I can tell you that at one point, after I got born again in my room, it was harder for me to go to the Catholic Church, yet I still went there. I said to myself, “as long as I love Jesus Christ, as long as I don't look left and right, I can still go there. I can focus on Jesus. I can take communion, and I can pray there.” Now, what happened to me that with time, I would see things around me, people doing things, and everything around me, I mean, the church itself, the statues, the pictures, the icons, the altar, the dresses of the priests, the veil between the people and the priests, stuff like that.

And the more I read the Bible and the more I read the scriptures, I couldn't accept these things anymore. They would bother me so much that instead of me going and praying and focusing on the Lord, I couldn't focus anymore, because I would waste my time being convicted, or even sometimes being angry at the things that I saw. There were a lot of rituals that were just for a show, yet there was no real substance, even when these priests would go and give their sermons, it was always very superficial, no real deep message. The Holy Spirit wasn't moving in these churches. Today, brothers and sisters, I am telling you this because I want you to understand that it doesn't matter what ritual you do, whether in the Catholic Church or any other church for that matter, true salvation is in Jesus Christ Himself in the revelation of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ provided on His cross. We as sinners, we are born into this world in a fallen humanity, and we need to recognize our need to be restored back to our standing with God after our rebellion.

God Himself, He provided the way back. If there is no sacrifice of the Father, if there is nothing that He provided for our salvation, that means we can save ourselves. And even though we can try to be righteous, that righteousness will never be enough. That is why we need a helping hand from above. And that helping hand is the sacrifice that God Himself provided for us through the death and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

I'm talking today to any Catholic church-goer, any brother who might be struggling through these things. After I got born again, I still went there, but the last time I went there, they were doing communion, and the priests, they put the veil back between the people and themselves. And I looked at my wife and I told her, this is the last time I am stepping in this church again. It was a church where my wife's family went to. And I told her, that's it for me. I can't come here anymore. I told her that Jesus Christ, after He died, the veil is torn, and He is our high priest. And through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, we can go with confidence to the throne of God. We can be in the presence of God every day. You don't need any person as a mediator between you and Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ lives inside of us. Him and His father come and dwell with us. If we have God living inside of us, we don't need any person to come between us and the Lord Jesus Christ. Each member of the body of Christ has to be attached to the head, like our members today. They receive signals from our minds from the head. The same way each member of the body of Christ has to be attach to Jesus Christ. They get their direction from Him, so that they get their true calling, their true function in the body of Christ. We need to serve Jesus Christ. And this is how we live our Christian life. It's not about rituals. It's not about repeating prayers. It's not about religious motions. What it takes, dear brothers and sisters, is a real connection with Jesus Christ, and Him guiding us every day. There is nothing like that, that you will learn in the Catholic Church, at least not from my own experience. Some people say there are Catholic churches that teach them. There might be. but at the same time, if we are truly connected to Jesus Christ, it would be very hard for us to stay in these religious activities that are focused on anything except the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is alive, and we need to live in and through Him in order to stand before God blameless. We abide in the Lord Jesus Christ, under His covering. If we think that we are Christian because we belong to this church or another, then we are in danger of ending up an eternal damnation. Because it's only through one person that we are saved, and that is true the Son of God, and through the sacrifice that He provided for us on the cross. You want to be saved, brothers and sisters, don't focus on church and denominations. Don't think that going to church on Sunday, or confessing to a priest, or praying to Mary, or bowing down to statues or talking to the priest will save you. These things are useless. The only thing that can save any of us is a true repentance, because of true godly sorrow over our sense and coming to the only way that can save us, to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, where He paid the penalty for our sins with His own precious blood. Jesus Christ is the only one who saves, not the Catholic Church. And may God bless you.


评论