Transcript: How I Overcame Lust With Jesus - Testimony -lastdayswarningrepent

Source: https://youtu.be/95xN6WvtY3Y

 I felt led by Jesus to share one of my biggest testimonies of how I was called out of sin and how Jesus led me from my slavery, my enslavement to lust, to sexual immorality, to adultery and how Jesus Christ the king of all kings and the Lord of all Lords set me free from what was going to lead me to hell. And so much lightly the devil has been trying and tempting and attacking with such things and that's how the devil works. The devil wants to accuse you and lie you back into what you were, so that you would end up in sin yet again. But with Jesus all things are possible, We are truly able to overcome all sin, We are able to be sinless with Jesus. Because He paid the price of what we once were. He bought us out of our death and into life. He gave us new life.

And my testimony wasn't just a one-time one-day thing. It took months to truly repent of what I was enslaved to. But I’ll begin the testimony of when I was first exposed to pornography. I could assume that I was about four or five years old. Me and my family, we were living in sin obviously. I had no idea what anything what the truth was, I had no idea. And my parents did not care for my soul. They only cared for my physical body, for my prosperity on this earth. There was no desire for me to truly seek after Jesus. The only thing that was there was just a lukewarm knowledge and having no power from the Holy Spirit. But I was around five years old, and I was exposed to pornography. At that age, when I was granted access to get on a computer and I’m very unsure as to how I had gotten to the point where I had seen such wicked and evil things, wicked images. I never knew how I got to that point, but that was when it first started, that was when that seed was planted. And from then on because of that seed of Satan being planted within my soul, that was what I desired, that was what I wanted for the rest of my life up until I met Jesus.

But as I grew older and started to learn more things, my mind became more aware, and I would say around when I was 13 or 14 years old was when I was catering to Satan in the sense of understanding, well, I didn't understand at the time, but that was the first time that I was tempted into sin when I was around that age. I had a computer in front of me and I had looked up pornography. And I was so happy and I felt so amazing that I could finally do it for myself and watch such wickedness on the computer. And that was one of the few goals in my mind that I had finally checked off was that I could do. there was that I could masturbate to this the evil, that I was watching, that I was letting into my eyes and into my heart and again I was feeding the devil. I was feeding that seed. I was nourishing that seed. I gave it the nourishment to grow more and more into an unquenchable thirst almost, a desire that could not be tamed, no matter how much I tried to kill it in my flesh.

But I continued living this way, living for pornography, living for sexual intercourse, living for sexual immorality. And I was around 19 years old, 18 or 19 years old when I had first gotten a girlfriend and my wishes that I had always wanted to happen would come true. I finally got what I wanted and that relationship that I was in was fuelled purely by that sex. And that's all I had lived for, and the entire time the evil this the wicked and evil. And sad truth was that at that time I was still claiming the name of Jesus. I was still praying to God, thinking that He was hearing me while I was living wilfully in sin. I had no knowledge of the truth. I had no true knowledge of the truth of what sin really was. All I knew at the time was that I have to claim to be a Christian and I’ll have a ticket into heaven. But I continued in my sin. I continued doing what I was doing, feeding the seed of corruption that was within my soul. And I grew so enslaved. That's all I cared about was me my desires, what I wanted, and I never grew any closer to Jesus. And the thing that I never realized until Jesus had showed me was that any time before I truly met Jesus and repented any time before that, I would have died and I would have gone straight to hell, because I lived in sin, and no sin enters the kingdom of God.

But I would say around the middle of 2019 and around August or September after I had started to attend church and read my bible more, because I had actually wanted a relationship with Jesus, I had a surgery and after that time. I had started feeling that there was something kind of pushing me to go to Jesus. I didn't know how and I only did what I knew how to do was go to church, read my bible more. I never really sought Jesus, ever. I only sought the bible. I only sought church fellowship. I only sought a good relationship with the pastor. But even then, I was still in sin claiming the name of Jesus. But it wasn't until around the middle of 2019, was when I started feeling conviction for my sin. I started, Jesus would put certain things in my life and allow me to see certain things and gather a knowledge of the truth, a true knowledge of the truth, through such miraculous ways. Jesus one after the other would put things into my life speaking the truth to me in my spirit. And I would heed to those convictions.

And it wasn't until around October when I truly felt awful, the Holy Spirit conviction coming upon me, knowing that I have offended a holy God, knowing that sexual immorality and lust have no place in the kingdom of God. And that was when I started realizing that I had to repent. And I tried doing this in church. I started reading more and more of my bible, thinking that this is what would set me free from my sin. But I didn't get anywhere. I would still fall in snares that the Satan was putting in front of me. I would set foot in these snares. My foot would get caught and I would fall down. But I still wasn't really calling upon the name of Jesus. I felt His conviction. But I still didn't know what to do, but as I continued seeking holiness and righteousness, as I continued to push forward. It was a hard battle trying to overcome sin. It was not a one-time thing. I couldn't just miraculously snap my finger and be holy and righteous. I stumbled many times in my walk seeking true repentance, seeking to be right before Jesus, and He honored that. And He began more and more to show me my sin, what I was doing wrong and what I needed to do to be right with Jesus.

And I remember it was sometime early this year, when all the churches shut down, when all of the denominations, all of the buildings were forced to shut down by the Lord, His ordination, that time was the true time to seek Jesus. And He woke me up. He woke me up for my slumber. I began to realize that I was on my way to hell. Because I wasn't seeking Him first and I was still in my sin. And when I conquered that, when I realized the truth, and once I realized the wages of my sin, I began to pray to Jesus every single day. I began to seek Him. And He began to lead me and guide me to people who truly knew Him, to be encouraged to keep fighting with Him, fighting the good fight of faith. And again I would stumble but the last time I stumbled was the time when I felt in my heart that Jesus was speaking to me, it's either this or me, it's either your sin, it's either lust or me, and I made the choice to totally deny myself, to totally deny the desires of my flesh, to rebuke and overcome and endure every and all temptations that the devil would put in my life, to follow Jesus and ultimately repent, to ultimately overcome my sin.

And a lot of people think that it's impossible to stop sinning. That it's impossible to stop having sexual thoughts. It is possible to stop because the devil is the one who puts those thoughts in your mind. But you're the one who has the choice to either cater to those thoughts and stumble and fall into sin or to rebuke those thoughts and continue seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Because you cannot serve two masters, you cannot serve Jesus and porn at the same time, you cannot serve Jesus and lust at the same time. You will either hate one and love the other. But I wanted to share this testimony to encourage you that it is absolutely possible to overcome lust, pornography, masturbation, sexual immorality, adultery. It is more than possible, because Jesus set me free. When I called upon His name, when I was seeking him, when I was praying, fasting, desiring His Holy Spirit, He led me to the right path.

Don't go to church. Don't go to men. Don't go to even scripture, worshiping that as your God. Go to Jesus. Go to Jesus Christ alone. He is the only one who can set you free from your sin. No man can do that. No bible can do that. No church, no pastor can do that. Because my fruitless attempts of trying to overcome sin would end up just like that fruitless because I was doing what men taught. But if you want to truly overcome sin, if you truly want to inherit eternal life, when you die, you need to go to Jesus now. You need to go to Jesus ask for His forgiveness and repent. You must repent of all of your sin. Jesus says in Matthew 5:48, be ye therefore perfect, as your father in heaven is perfect. Jesus said that for a reason. Yes, we will fall but we must pick our cross right back up and continue persevering, seeking perfection, seeking the holy spirit, seeking first Jesus Christ, and seeking to repent. Because there's such little time left and Jesus's timing in my life was perfect. He called me out just in time to set me free from my lust. And I will say this, the battle isn't over. Just because I’ve overcome sin but doesn't mean that I’m not tempted. Because the devil still tempts me today. But the thing is Jesus has shown me that I have power and authority over those temptations, over those lies, over those accusations, over the condemnation. And that's something that very few realize is that we have power over every single demon in hell when we serve Jesus. Because His grace is sufficient. He gives us what we need, the tools to fight the battle, to build our foundation upon Him. He's not going to leave us empty-handed. He's not unjust. He will show us what we need to do individually in our lives, to repent and follow Him every single day.

Repentance is not every single day. Repentance is one and then you deny yourself every single day. So, I encourage you to seek Jesus today while He still may be found, to repent of all of your sin, to repent of the sexual immorality, to repent of the lust, the adultery, the fornication, the masturbation, because none of those actions, none of those sins will be allowed into the kingdom of God. And Jesus showed me the entire time that I was on my way to hell. Are you on your way to hell? Or are you on your way to heaven, serving Jesus Christ and living holy and righteous every single day? You have the choice. The choice is in your hands. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you.

评论